Craftsman & DieHard, KenmoreDirect (B2B)
June 2017 - Present
Lead the KCD Brands' management, digital and social marketing team, analyze ongoing business results, and formulate recommendations for needed changes in brand strategy or cross-channel planning to meet performance, margin, and P&L goals. Drive multi-brand marketing strategy and execution through flexible product marketing plans and development of new features and capabilities within the product lines. Support the go-to-market strategy behind product categories undergoing Tier I innovation, including major appliances small kitchen, grills, tools, lawn & garden, and automotive.
* Head the Planning Development Cycle, set P&L targets, budgets, and direct agency partners on media planning, creative development, budget, and selection of communication platforms such as digital, mobile, in-store, OOH, etc.
* Led relaunch and rebranding of DieHard from an automotive aftermarket private label, to an enterprise asset sold for $200m in 2019.
* Supervised the content development and brand strategy for launch of Kenmore and DieHard on Amazon.com.
* Spearheaded go-to-market planning for multiple product launches across major and minor appliance categories and automotive aftermarket category, while reducing marketing spend by double digits in both FY2018 and FY2019.
* Advise Product Management and Licensing teams on marketing requirements, product features, names, branding,
and competitive differentiation through positioning. Supervise and mentor marketing team on skills development.
* Managed a team of three who implemented and ran marketing campaigns, results and product launch lifecycle.
January 2015 - March 2017
As lead client manager, advised clients on strategic marketing and digital campaigns to support KCD Brands' global licensing expansion and externalization; supervised conceptualization and creative direction for brand executions including brand kick-offs in EMEA.
* Presented marketing support for KCD global expansion at an event for international vendors in Hong Kong.
* Orchestrated modernization of Craftsman Club.com website that improved brand loyalty and customer engagement through innovative voice-of-the-customer personalization feature and leverage of existing on-line brand ambassadors.
Digital engagement skyrocketed to millions of users, thousands of "likes" and "comments, " page views grew by 85%, and the site saw 77% rise in new traffic.
* Nurtured strategic relationships with senior client leaders. Led new business development, and oversaw
creative direction of branding, social and digital campaigns, and sales channel communications that included
new business proposals and pitches.
* Advanced plans to introduce Kenmore Smart content to Kenmore.com and Kenmore blog, launched new mobile
and website capabilities, and added social media response mechanisms and escalation paths.
* Managed a team of four Digital Account Executives who supervised client marketing campaigns and programs.
Pitched web and mobile digital marketing solutions designed to improve user experience and drive conversation and sales. Oversaw development and branding of Cookmore (part of Kenmore) website that improved customer
experience, engaged consumers, and drove e-commerce conversions.
* Improved overall team P+L by over 25% to exceed overall agency goals.
* Expanded executive-level relationships with KCD Brands and Sears/Kmart management to position agency for new opportunities.
Managed relationships with key brands, day-to-day support, creation of digital marketing strategy and solutions,
and deployment life cycles. Conducted analytics and reported on conversions, traffic, referrals, and source data.
* Grew brand revenue year over year by 2x in 2011 to 2013.
* Developed key relationships at KCD Brands C-Level that increased annual billings and established roadmap
to trending increase in agency work that lasted over four years.
Increased overall agency billings 2x through active prospecting with key contacts and relationship building across Sears Holdings business units.
Assistant Director of Athletic Communications/Marketing