Me in a nutshell: 15+ years of success in Strategy, Partnerships, Program Development, Sales Management, & Business Development with extensive experience in Marketing and Operations. Leadership through ownership of process and outcomes. Design, develop & manage programs & processes, even where chaos exists. Implement accountability measures & improve process without disrupting company culture. Data-driven, not data paralyzed. Thorough understanding of sales, team building, & marketing: strategy, messaging, sales cycles, business models, pipeline health & operations. I believe in holistic client & partner engagement. Listen for the sake of understanding: mad presenting, networking, & mentorship skills. I’m seasoned enough to know that vulnerability is an asset.
Above all, I value boundless curiosity, grit, resourcefulness, & empathy and strive to embody those qualities. If you have a fast-paced work environment that fosters community & a company that creates innovative products & meaningful solutions, we should talk!
Senior Manager, Strategic Partnerships
Sep 2018 - Mar 2020
I oversee the team responsible for the strategy, marketing, business development, partner management, and product, globally, across all of our Marketing, Merchandising, CRM, Customer Service, and Mobile Technology Partnerships.
- Define and curate the anatomy of the partner portfolios to serve our merchants with best in class technology, integrations, and solutions.
- Create & run team training, strategy, & 1:1 meetings in addition to participating in cross-departmental and extended leadership meetings
- Responsible for SaaS and one-time revenue
- 100+% quota attainment for the year
- 15X growth in new deals sourced from partners in 2019 after taking over the portfolio in 2018
- Grew partner revenue share 3X, doubled H1 revenue share in Q3 alone
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews and pipeline reviews to stay aligned with partners, ensure deliverables are on-time and Key Performance Indicators met.
- Ensure cross-departmental alignment & initiatives with sales & marketing, maximizing pipeline growth
- Enable partners to sell &/or refer new business by creating and updating sales collateral, sales training, contests, processes, & pipeline reviews.
Prospect for best in class partner solutions and negotiate commercial terms.
Head of Partnerships & Business Development
Jan 2016 - Sep 2019
Media Temple, a GoDaddy Company
I joined the Enterprise Division in its infancy in January 2016. I am currently responsible for overseeing all aspects of the creation, development, and management of our formal Partnership Program & Business Development team. I've received two promotions in 2 1/2 years moving from an individual contributor to a people & program manager.
- Create & foster long-term working relationships with Agency CXOs, relevant Associations, & SMEs
- Daily Management of Sales Development Reps and Business Development Reps
- Increased YoY revenue & bookings and MoM market segment acquisition
- Directly contributed to an 87% revenue growth of our enterprise solutions
- Created and implemented a solution that resulted in a 60%-time reduction for delivering proposals
- Create, Develop, Review, and Refine all aspects of the official Partner Program
- Define incentives & rewards, terms of service, onboarding process, etc.
- Test and optimize new programs & campaigns to increase awareness & drive revenue
- Shape go-to-market messaging & strategy
- Cross-department management of Partner & BD projects: Design & deploy landing pages, email campaigns, partner collateral, events, partner portal, etc.
- Identify new tools and platforms, refine existing CRM
- Establish 30/60/90/120 Roadmap
- Define KPI metrics, dashboards, lead-flow management, and reporting to provide org with insights into growth and revenue generation
- Member of a small team tasked with designing & deploying internal technologies and platforms, including SFDC & propriety repository. Currently working on a full site redesign.
- Attend, evaluate, and speak at relevant tech, startup, & enterprise events, summits, & conferences.
Jan 2012 - Jan 2016
Violet Crown Consulting
Violet Crown Consulting is a boutique consulting & mentoring firm focused on helping startups, SMBs, developers, & designers expand their consumer base & market share.
- Sales, marketing, & business development strategy
- Create easy to implement custom sales & marketing roadmaps
- Organically scale sales and marketing teams
- Social Media strategy, analysis, implementation & automation
- Market analysis on industry & technology, SWOT analysis, AB testing, CMS
- Took over as Director of Marketing for a client, Renewal by Andersen, to revamp their antiquated marketing program from 8.2013 – 2.2014
- My last month commenced in their biggest revenue month during a seasonally low period.
- Increased revenue: 42% YOY in Austin and 32% YOY in Dallas, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, and Atlanta
- Increased leads generated by 68% YOY in Austin and 59% YOY in Dallas, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, and Atlanta
- Testing, Sales Forecasting, Response Rates, & Sales Pro Forma Projections
- Liaison between ad agencies, media buyers, and print advertising vendors
National Business Development Manager
Feb 2012 - Aug 2013
Razorfish is a global full-service agency at the intersection of creativity, media, & technology with 1700 employees in the US & over 2500 worldwide.
- Liaison & manage programs and projects between cross-functional teams & departments.
- Worked directly with SVP of BD, VP of Operations, VP of Finance, Sr. Strategic Accounts Director, and Communications Director
- Strategic direction and coordination of Sr. Business Development staff across six different North American regions
- Vendor research, selection & implemented new CRM for Business Development & Sales departments (rolled out to all 2000+ employees worldwide)
- Manage pipeline health and field marketing outreach program
- Reporting, projections, and analytics for C-executives & Publicis Group
Develop Field Marketing and Sales Operations Program:
- Development and management of a national lead generation program, processes, CRM & other tools, and management plan.
- Target & contact identification/tracking, manage outreach plan
- Define internal & external BD communications plan, facilitate national BD meetings, (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly kickoff), and event planning and logistics
Director of Client Experience
Jan 2011 - Feb 2012
Extremely fast-paced/high growth tech startup. Mutual Mobile ranked 34th on Forbes Most Promising Companies List and eventually sold to WPP. My efforts enabled 100% annual growth during a particularly critical time in the mobile market
- Responsible for strategy, planning, & execution of a "Client Success" Department
- Hire, train, and daily management of the Client Experience Specialists
- 30% increase in lead conversion by optimizing our CRM, lead distribution and lead flow
- Work closely with the CTO & Director of Business Development to curate & train our "Best in Class" sales team
Sales and Marketing Manager
May 2010 - Jan 2011
Media Analytics, DBA Global Water Intelligence
Opened the US Based Office for UK Based Media Analytics/Global Water Intelligence, a company that produced reports, publications, and summits for the industrial water industry worldwide.
- Successful launch of a new print & online magazine, American Water Intelligence & North American Summit
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and management of inside sales & business development team
- MoM growth exceeding subscription and advertising quotas
Bachelor of Business Administration - Applied Economics
Texas State University
New Mexico Military Institute