Core Competencies: Category Management, Digital Merchandising, Assortment Management, P&L Ownership, eCommerce, Digital Marketing Strategy, Cost/Contract Negotiation
- Lead a team of 5 Account Coordinators & Online Sales Managers
- Developed the strategic direction of the overall eCommerce business for the company
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding the sales budget and full ownership of the P&L
- Managed marketplace retailers such as Amazon, Wayfair and Overstock, etc.
- Developed and implemented a new business development strategy
- Implemented new pricing structures with our top accounts to increase topline revenue while maintaining GM levels, creating sustainable growth
- Successfully launched a new category from all aspects inclusive of assortment, supply chain & logistics.
- Responsible for overseeing 5 categories and 150+ vendor relationships with a focus on improving profitability, marketing and strengthening business relationships.
- Lead various vendor negotiations, which lead to a YoY increase in gross margin improvement of 300bps. Securing $6M in savings for 2017.
- Responsible for all aspects of digital marketing for the Specialty Categories
- Lead/mentor a team of 3 associates who assist in the day-to-day operations of the business.
- Maximize category sales, by executing cohesive brand marketing campaigns, and cross-functional collaboration with internal teams creating operational efficiencies.
- Prepare and present overall category strategy to senior leadership including the CEO.
- Negotiated incremental cost savings with the top 200 vendors to improve overall company profitability.
- Secured $5.6M in cost savings and $2.6M in promotional funding within 10 months.
- Executed the on boarding of new items inclusive of negotiating cost, case-packs and freight programs.
- Analyzed distributor cost structures to ensure lowest cost.
- Lead the financial month-end close for the Merchandising team.
- Review health of assortment for gaps and optimization.
- Lead the composition of the marketing calendar for the largest category within the company.
- Launched 2 site experiences, which lead to increased traffic of 30%.
- Created the new-hire process and program for the Sourcing Specialist position.
- Supervised and lead a team of consultants
- Exceed sales and margin goals on a monthly basis by selling office supplies and services to both national and local accounts.
- Responsible for the largest and most business-critical territory within my region
- Cold-calling prospects daily to obtain new business.
- Develop custom office supply programs dependent on each client's needs.