We’re looking for an experienced marketing leader to help drive our next stage of growth. This person will have deep experience in software-as-a-service and will own and execute the overall strategy for demand generation, growth, the Rewind brand, communications, cross-sell and retention marketing for all our customer segments (SMB, mid-market and enterprise) across a diverse set of platforms.
We’re looking for a marketing leader who has the experience and playbook to guide a fast growing software startup through the rapid growth expected as we scale up to support multiple platforms and millions of customers.
***This is a remote opportunity for anyone who is eligible to work for a Canadian employer***
Rewind protects the data that is driving your business, from a simple side hustle to a successful venture. Our focus is on backing up data that lives in the cloud – in apps like Shopify, BigCommerce, and QuickBooks Online.
We care about honesty, we believe in learning from our mistakes, and we support each other as we grow.
About the Job
Reporting to Rewind’s Chief Operating Officer (COO), the VP, Marketing will be a strategic business partner to the senior executive team. You will oversee our driven and talented marketing team across all marketing functions including product marketing, demand and digital, growth, and operations and technology. You are performance and pipeline focused and you have deep knowledge and hands-on experience developing and evolving marketing funnels. You will possess deep knowledge of Rewind’s product and be able to develop advanced campaigns to attract users across all the platforms we support.
You will build relationships with sales, product and customer success teams, and work with them to achieve the aggressive growth goals we have for the business. You can also expect to:
- Build and lead a team that creates demand and lead generation strategy and tactics to drive customer acquisition, activation, retention and advocacy across all channels in support of Rewind revenue goals
- Develop a strategic marketing plan aimed at the realization of corporate goals and objectives, including sustaining position as a market leader, recognizable by SMB, SME and enterprise-level customers
- Oversee the demand and growth teams to drive the inbound pipeline
- Measure and report on the performance of all aspects of marketing
- Oversee the development and execution of thought leadership strategies and content development to drive both brand awareness and lead generation
- Cultivate a team of marketing talent across Canada and the world to drive key business metrics and execute on the strategic marketing plan, deliver results and support future growth
- Lead marketing operations strategy, enablement and program management to inspire a high-performance marketing organization
- Build and mentor a diverse, high-performance team environment that inspires pride, retains and motivates top talent, and attracts new talent
- Be accountable and responsible for managing a multi-million dollar marketing budget including program spend and performance
- Provide executive-level transparency of demand generation and marketing results in weekly, monthly and quarterly reviews
- Collaborate with Product, Product Marketing and Sales to plan and execute new product launches
- Drive global campaign and content strategy to increase competitive differentiation and equip marketing and sales teams to build, accelerate and convert revenue
- Guide global corporate communications strategy and execution to advance Rewind’s position as the clear leader in protecting online data
- Work hand-in-hand with the product management team to ensure growth engines are built into the product.
- We’re looking for candidates with 15+ years of B2B and SaaS experience for this role. You have been doing this or similar work with unique brands focused on building and scaling a marketing engine and inbound funnel
- You also have:
- 7+ years of successful experience growing ARR in a B2B SaaS business environment;
- Experience with brand, product marketing, acquisition and retention
- Experience developing a comprehensive marketing strategy, as well as the demonstrated ability to plan, lead and manage the execution
- A solid understanding of the concepts of product-led growth and have implemented PLG strategies at previous companies.
- Deep P&L knowledge and experience. You’ve managed medium to large teams across multiple diverse functions including product marketing, demand generation, marketing and communications, marketing operations and technology
- The ability to forecast the marketing funnel, and ensure demand campaigns are measured and optimized to align with sales, budget, and marketing targets
- The strong discipline of data and insight-driven management and decision making for ROI focused execution
- The ability to present results in consumable formats, including dashboards, reports and data visualizations
- Familiarity with marketing technology and tools for implementing and measuring all relevant digital marketing channels
- Ability to conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth, while strategically helping our organization reach its goals
- As a remote role, communication, collaboration and leadership skills are critical.
- You might have studied Business at the postgraduate level, you might not. That’s not what we’re looking for. We care about what you can do and how you do it, not about how you got here. A strong track record of conscientious, thoughtful work speaks volumes.
- You should be excited to join a fast moving and rapidly growing company
About our Hiring Process
You can expect us to be curious about who you are, what experiences you have gained to date and what you are looking for in your next opportunity. We know that you are selecting us as an employer just as much as we are inviting you to join our team. We will provide a series of opportunities for us to connect and for you to meet various members of our team. Please ask us questions and let us know how we can support you throughout our hiring process.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We don’t hire people to fill boxes - each new hire is an opportunity for us to augment our collective perspective and to make us a stronger team… and that is where you come in!
We are dedicated to providing an inclusive and supportive workplace where all of our teammates can bring their full and authentic selves to work... everyday. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we consider all applicants for employment and certainly invite those who identify as members of underrepresented communities to apply and join our team! And hey - we may not have a role available today that would be exciting to you, but we are growing fast and would love to have you join our talent community.