Octane AI is an all-remote and venture-backed startup seeking a Lifecycle Marketing Specialist interested in developing the future of ecommerce.
Octane AI is developing conversational AI technologies that reimagines online commerce. Publicly, Octane AI is the leading Facebook Messenger & SMS marketing platform for Shopify and Shopify Plus brands. Octane AI provides a unified platform for connecting, converting, and retaining customers. Octane AI’s current and upcoming products democratize personalization and automation technologies previously only available to multi-billion dollar corporations. Some of our investors include General Catalyst, Boost VC, and M Ventures.
Ecommerce is exploding and so are we! Octane AI is looking for a customer-oriented, fast-paced, and analytical-yet-creative Lifecycle Marketing Specialist to join our growing marketing team! Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will lead efforts to create amazing campaigns and experiences to help drive prospects and customers through the funnel, from capturing and nurturing leads, to onboarding and retaining customers, and then turning them into vocal advocates or winning them back if ever they stray away. This is a new and highly collaborative role where you will have the opportunity to drive and influence the growth of our business in many ways!
- Design and execute a robust, personalized, and effective lifecycle marketing strategy that educates, drives business results, and elicits love from customers (and prospects).
- While you will begin with a primary focus on email and website bots, you will be working closely with the product and customer support teams to coordinate with the in-app touchpoints, and in the future look for ways to power personalized journeys both on and off our properties
- Own our marketing automation tool (HubSpot today) and ensure we are closely tracking and reporting on list health metrics, including growth & engagement, plus maintain compliance with global data regulations.
- Partner closely with demand generation and marketing operations teammates to execute on segmented nurturing programs, lead scoring and handoff to sales for qualified leads and customers.
- Your deep understanding of our product and customers will enable creative thinking that is rooted in customer empathy for how to ID behaviors and triggers that will allow for effective announcement, content, nurture, pre-churn, win back, and advocacy campaigns.
- Drive continuous improvement through testing and iterating quickly across email KPIs including deliverability, open, click-to-open, conversion, and opt-out rates, and revenue
- Stay curious, keep current on, and be the internal champion for trends, best practices, new tools, and innovation in your space.
- Be ready to throw on other hats to help take advantage of new opportunities that arise - we are a small but growing team that works collaboratively to make sure all good ideas can see the light of day.
This could be a fit for you if:
- Have roughly 2-5 years of hands-on experience in email and lifecycle marketing, ideally in a fast-growing B2B SaaS organization.
- Are a master of and can creatively push limits with your favorite marketing automation tool (we use HubSpot today).
- Understand and appreciate the nuance involved in supporting both self-serve and sales-driven funnels simultaneously.
- Are passionate about impacting the funnel from the top to the bottom, ultimately growing vocal customer advocacy and revenue.
- Can think strategically, execute tactically, and work collaboratively to get buy-in across multiple groups.
- Possess a balance of right and left brain prowess, and can marry metrics and insights to drive your decision making and strategies.
- Are excited to wake up each day to see the results of your work from yesterday.
- Would be bored in an environment that was anything but blazing fast.
- Are not afraid to think outside of the box to move the needle.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously, and love to have fun while working hard.
- Bonus points for experience in ecommerce, and the Shopify app store and ads ecosystem.
- The ability to work from anywhere in the world. Our team works from New York, Portland, Barcelona, Austin, Canada, and more. Currently we have team members in 10 different countries. As long as you can get the work done, we don't care where you are!
- Excellent health benefits: health, dental and vision insurance for US employees
- 401(k) for US employees
- Flexible vacation policy, paid holidays, parental leave, and sick leave
- Fitness and home office credits. We want your workspace to be your happy place.
- Generous stock options
- Growth and leadership opportunities. We invest in the tools and training that will help your long-term career.
- An amazing team of wonderfully driven and talented people
More about working at Octane AI
- We believe the happier you are, the more productive you and the team are. Being a remote company allows us to work from wherever we'd prefer. Spend your evenings and weekends with your family/friends/hobbies.
- We hate bureaucracy. Feel free to talk to anyone on the team.
- Your ideas are welcome. If you know how to improve our workflow, our product, our processes, don't be shy to share it.
- In our weekly meetings, we do a fun thing called "fast parrot". Everybody, including the CEO, is involved. It's a little weird and fun at the same time, especially if you are doing a meeting from a public place.
- We iterate quickly. Projects generally take days or weeks, not months. We have a collaborative environment where you can share a work in progress and get feedback quickly. We like to get something in the hands of customer and get their feedback as quickly as possible.
- Don't work if you are sick. It's way better to rest and recover quicker than work at half power for a long time.
- If you feel you are stuck with a task don't hesitate to ask for help. There are no stupid questions and nobody expects you to know everything.